Deciding which fraternity to rush will probably be the biggest decision of your college career. The men of Acacia recommend that you go through the entire rush process with an open mind, act yourself, and find where you fit in. Never be afraid to ask questions at any house you visit. At Acacia, we take pride in being one of the top fraternities at The Ohio State University and we believe strongly in five aspects of college life: academics, brotherhood, social activity, campus involvement, and athletics.
- At Acacia, we understand the value of academics and try to facilitate a studious environment at all times. Academically, our house's cumulative GPA consistently places us among the top 20 fraternities on campus.
- Brotherhood and the strong bond between our actives is what makes Acacia different from other fraternities. Trust, cooperation, and respect between every active creates a very comfortable environment to undertake any project or activity.
- The social scene at Acacia is extremely active. We typically have about 4-5 parties each semester, including our annual Night on the Nile Party in April. A formal is also on the events calendar each semester. Actives host mixers with sororities, bar nights, and countless other brotherhood events.
- Acacia's involvement in campus activities and and community service has earned it numerous honors from both The Ohio State University and Acacia Fraternity. Along with our "Santa's College Days" philantropy event held every December, Acacia's motto of "Human Service" promotes community involvement.
- We at Acacia participate in almost every sport; earning respect on the field among the other fraternities. Softball, volleyball, and bowling are just a few of the sports that we are exceptionally good at. We are consistently among in the top 15 in the All-Sports Championship, a ranking based on intramural athletics participation and achievement.
Since the founding of the American college fraternity movement in 1776, fraternities have grown to symbolize leadership, independence, scholastic achievement and service to their various campuses and communities.
Fraternity men represent a very small percentage, only two percent, of the male population in the United States. However, that two percent is a very influential group of individuals! Fraternity men have gone on to hold many of the top positions in our nation, from the business world to the political arena.
- Approximately 80 percent of the top executives of Fortune 500 companies are fraternity men.
- The majority (71 percent) of those listed in Who's Who in America are fraternity men.
- Seventy-six percent of current United States senators and congressmen are fraternity men.
- Forty percent of the 47 Supreme Court justices since 1910 have been fraternity men.
- One hundred of the 158 cabinet members since 1900 have been fraternity men.
- All but nine United States Presidents since 1825 have been fraternity men.
It is certainly no surprise that today's college and university students express a keen interest in the Greek system. The opportunities are endless, and the benefits speak for themselves. Each year, thousands of young men enter the working world with the competitive advantage of fraternity experience and alumni contacts.
If you are an undergraduate male full-time student at The Ohio State University and would like to learn more about joining our fraternity, please look around this site to learn more about Acacia. Please don't hesitate to email us if you're interested in the house, so we can get to know you better. Remember, the most successful and happiest new members are those who know the brothers in the house the best! We hope to see you for rush week in January.
Connect With Us